What Information We Collect
We collect information about you when (a) you give it to us, and (b) with automatic technologies.
A. Information You Provide to Us
You may provide information to us through the Site in various ways, such as through forms, features or other means offered through the Site. The types of information you provide us fits in several categories:
Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that is reasonably capable of being associated with you or someone else. Examples of Personal Information are your name, address, email address, or phone number. In most cases, when you provide information to us, you are providing Personal Information. In general, you can visit this Site without identifying yourself or revealing any Personal Information. We only obtain your Personal Information if you provide it to us through the Site (for California residents “personal information is defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act “CCPA” further set forth in the attachment below). At your option, there are times that we will collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information. Contact Information allows us to communicate with you about your account and communicate with you about orders you place with us. Contact Information includes but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, and email address, or other information about yourself that you provide.
- Purchase Information. Purchase Information allows us to fulfill orders you place with us. Purchase Information includes, but is not limited to, your payment method and payment information, items you purchase, and items you have ordered, or other information that you provide.
- Vehicle Information. For some orders you place with us, we may need information about your vehicle, including the VIN number of the vehicle, or other information that you provide.
- Non-Personal Information. "Non-Personal Information" is information that is not reasonably capable of being associated with you or someone else. At your option, there are times you may provide Non-Personal Information, such as your interest in products and services that we offer.
B. Information We Automatically Collect
In addition to information you provide to us, in some cases we may automatically collect Non-Personal Information. We may automatically collect the following types of Non-Personal Information:
- Device Information. This is information about how you access the Site, such as the operating system, hardware model, application or browser type and version, unique identifiers associated with your device, IP address, Physical location, and the domain name of the Web site from which you linked to the Site or advertisement.
- Cookie Information. This is information contained on "cookies" that are used by some pages on the Site. Cookies are small files that the Site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. Cookies do not collect Personal Information unless you supply it and cookies cannot read data from your hard drive. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID to track pages you visit and your traffic pattern, which helps us collect information regarding the usefulness of the Site and effectiveness of the Site's navigational structure, as well as to develop enhancements to the Site. Some cookies allow us to run Google websites and Google's ads-related products and to allow you to Follow Us and Like us on our Facebook page through the Site. In the event that Non-Personal Information collected is combined with Personal Information you have provided to us, we will treat it like Personal Information for as long as it is combined.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
We use and store the information we collect from you in order to fulfill your orders, improve our services to you, enhance your experience on the Site, to provide you with the information you have requested, to respond to your questions or resume submission, to promote products and our services, and for other internal purposes. We may also enhance or merge Personal Information you provide with data obtained from others for the same purposes. Some examples of how we use the information we collect are as follows:
- To Create Your Account and Provide Services. We use the information we collect to create and secure your account and to provide services to you, including the fulfillment of orders you place with us.
- To Communicate With You and to Promote Our Services. We use information we collect to provide you with customer support or to send you things like service-related announcements and other updates, promotions or other standardized and customized marketing communications. Most of the time we'll communicate with you by email.
- To Improve and Promote The Site. We use information we collect to understand how you shop with us, determine the methods and devices used to access our Site and to improve or enhance the Site. For internal purposes such as system administration.
- For Legal Reasons. We reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer or disclose, at any time without notice to you, any information (including Personal Information) as reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations and filing requirements.
- To Prevent or Detect Fraud. We use information to protect our customer's accounts, our services, or to detect or prevent any security or technical issues related to our services.
When We Share the Information We Collect
- When You Publicly Post the Information. You may have the opportunity to publicly post reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, which may include Personal Information and portions of your account, like your name or user name.
- For Legal Reasons. We may be required to disclose information about you to third parties as required by law.
- To Prevent Fraud. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose information about you to third parties to protect against or to prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, or other liability.
Retention and Security of Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from unpermitted access to such information, why we gather such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. We strive to maintain a system that reasonable safeguards Personal Information and have put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
Advertising Service Providers
Do Not Track Signals
We do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals.
Links to Other Web Sites
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 & THEIR PARENTS
Notice of Policy Regarding Children
Our site is intended for adults. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not send us any Personal Information. If you know of anyone under the age of 18 who has provided us with information, please contact us immediately and we will remove the information.
Rights Under the California Consumer Protection Act
Special notice for California residents:
Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) allows California residents, upon a verifiable consumer request, to request that a business that collects consumers' Personal Information to give consumers access, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of Personal Information that the business has collected about the consumer, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, the categories of third parties with which the information was shared, and the categories of information that was disclosed for a business purpose. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of information under certain circumstances. Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your rights, we won't charge you different prices or provide different quality of services unless those differences are related to your information.
Your Rights to Request Information and to Delete Information
You have the right to know and request information regarding:
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed Personal Information to.
- The categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing Personal Information. You also have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to certain legal and CCPA-specific exemptions.
How to Submit a Verifiable Consumer Request
There are two ways for you to make a request to us in connection with your rights under the CCPA:
- Use the following link: Submit a CCPA Request
- Call us at our toll-free number: (800) 541-9352
When you make a request to us, we are required under the CCPA to take steps to verify your identity. To verify your identity, we will first require a double opt-in email process, and depending on the request you have made, we may require that you produce some or all of the following: a copy of your state-issued ID, a recent redacted statement with us, and a copy of a recent order confirmation.
- We do not sell your Personal Information, regardless of your age.
- Under the CCPA you are protected from discrimination for exercising your CCPA rights. We are prohibited from (a) denying you goods or services or charging you different rates for goods or services, (b) including through the use of discounts or other penalties, (c) providing you with a different level of service or quality of goods, and (d) suggesting that you will receive different price, rate, level or quality of goods or services.
- You have the right to appoint an agent to make a request on your behalf. For household authorized agents, we may require that your agent provides documentation showing a matching last name and address, or, for non-household agents, a notarized authorization letter and proof of the appointed agent's identity. In the event we require you to produce a notarized letter, we will reimburse you for the cost of the notarization (a receipt should be included with the letter).
Contact for More Information
For additional information regarding your rights under the CCPA, please contact us here firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 9.2.2021